2015-03-02

Catching Up

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Valentine's Day!  

So now that that's all out of the way, I have a few things to share.  First off, last post I was wittering on about not having completed Christmas Lady 2014.  I did, in fact, complete this lady, made her (and her furry friend) into a card, and even managed get a few of them out before Christmas.  


I've been on a bit of a paper crafting binge since Christmas.  More of an obsession, really.  I'm not even exaggerating.  My birthday is on Christmas Eve, and my wonderful husband gave me Copic markers, and asked me how I'd like to spend the day.  My favourite way to spend a birthday located in the middle of Christmas craziness is to have a quiet day at home.  To me it's the gift of peace, and I love it.  

So how, specifically, did we spend it?  Well, now that I finally had the Copic markers I had been coveting for months, I was of course interested in seeing some Copic tutorial videos.  

And that is when I discovered Kristina Werner Designs.  (Disclaimer:  Obviously, I didn't discover her; she's been there for quite a while, and it seems I was the only one who didn't know about her.  But I know now!)  I watched her videos for 12 HOURS STRAIGHT.  Even my husband watched most of them with me, bless his heart, because that was how I wanted to spend the day.

Oh my...these videos were like a gateway drug.  I have now spent the past several weeks feverishly watching my favourite paper crafters on YouTube.  As a result, I have become reacquainted with my craft room and my love of drawing and painting, and now have a new love:  Copic markers.  My collection has grown to 163 of the little preciouses!  I have rediscovered paper crafting supplies I had completely forgotten I had (an entire collection of untouched Tim Holtz alcohol inks and various accoutrement !?), and have been happily making and sending cards to some of my most favourite people.  

This year I am making a conscious effort to make cards instead of buy them, and also to get them in the mail BEFORE the event (or at least in the vicinity of the event).  I have even busted out the Teresa Collins stamp maker (see previous post involving unpacking and the wasted evening which ensued, owing to being paralyzed by the myriad of possibilities) and finally successfully had a go at making some of my own stamps, including a "handmade by" stamp which I use to mark all my cards.  

So, I have lots of completed projects to share in future posts, but will end this one for now.  It's Monday, and I'm sure Kristina Werner has posted a new video for me to watch.  :)  But before I go, I will just quickly share a photo of the happy mail I received today (and by received, I mean I climbed snowbanks and walked through a blizzard to get to the mailbox!).  






No comments:

Post a Comment